Privacy Act 1988
1. The Customer agrees that the Seller may exchange information about the Customer with those credit providers named as trade referees by the Customer for the purposes of:
- To assess an application by the Customer; and/or
- To notify other credit providers of a default by the Customer; and/or
- To exchange information with other credit providers as to the status of this credit account, where the Customer is in default with other credit providers; and/or
- To assess the creditworthiness of the Customer.
The Customer understands that the information exchanged may include the Customer's creditworthiness, credit standing, credit history or credit capacity that credit providers are allowed to exchange under the Privacy Act 1988.
2. The Customer consents that personal credit information provided may be used and retained by the Seller for the following purposes:
- The provision of Goods; and/or
- The marketing of Goods by the Seller, its agents or distributors; and/or
- Analysing, verifying and/or checking the Customer's credit, payment and/or status in relation to the provision of Goods; and/or
- Processing of any payment instructions, direct debit facilities and/or credit facilities requested by the Customer; and/or
- Enabling the daily operation of Customer's account and/or the collection of amounts outstanding in the Customer's account in relation to the Goods.